When you first discover Wildbook or after a season of data collection, you might find yourself with a massive number of encounters to report. For that you can use the Bulk Import tool in the submit menu of any Wildbook. If you need assistance we can help! Here’s what we need from you:
1. Fill out this contact form with your name, email address, time constraints, and any additional notes about the data that you have. (link form)
2. Compile your data into an excel or csv file and make sure it has the following data for each row:
- file path(s) to encounter image(s)
- date (we accept ISO format to various degrees of precision: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM, YYYY-MM-DD, YYYY-MM, YYYY)
- location where image was taken
- name of researcher to be associated with the encounter
- email associated with researcher
We have a target template for data format. All fields not listed above are optional, but can provide greater value to your data. Try to get your data close to this format and it will reduce the time required to get your data uploaded.
3. Create a zip file containing the contact form, the data file and your images
4. Upload your files to our Dropbox.
5. Wait for a confirmation of receipt that should include and estimated time of completion.
Please note that we only perform bulk uploads for greater than 100 entries. Should you need any assistance with data issues, such as duplicate or corrupted records, please post to our community forums for support.